Tuesday 28 May 2013

Planning for Transition – Questions, Questions, Questions



So with meetings lined up with three high schools, I needed to turn my vision of inclusion into something to drive discussion and decision making.   I like structure and colour so used my mind mapping software to map out all the things that I need to know about,



I shared this with the educational psychologist who would be accompanying me on these visits.  I think it’s important to be open and up front about what you want and I have learned to trust and rely on the ed psych.


From this he prepared a discussion list to be shared with the schools prior to the visit.  I reviewed it and made small amendments before it was sent.  To be honest it was helpful to have someone to put it into a summary as even though  I work in a school I found it daunting.



So now some questions.  Have you gone through this or other stage transition?  What questions would you ask?  Is there any improvements you could suggest to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment